Submission Preparation Checklist
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- The manuscript is written in English.
- The manuscript does not exceed 8 000 words (under no circumstances may it be longer than 10,000 words, inclusive of all notes and references).
- The manuscript consists of clearly distinguished elements: Forename, surname of the Author(s), Afiliation, Title of the text, Abstract, Keywords (3-8), Text, References.
- The submission contains the Author's title, ORCID (https://orcid.org/register), e-mail address and short personal footnote.
- The abstract consists of clearly distinguished sections: Objective(s), Method(s) of Research, Result(s), Conclusion(s).
- The list of references is arranged alphabetically and only includes works cited in the article.
- The submission comprises files named: Author(s) Statement, FILE_1_Author(s)'s surname(s)_Year of submission (Word file), FILE_2_Author_Statement (scan in PDF file), FILE_3_ Author(s)'s surname(s)_Year of submission _Year of submission (Excel file) - optional.
- The Citations and References in the manuscript are presented in APA 7ed. style.
Copyrigts & Open Access Policy
1. The Author declares that he or she has created the written work and holds exclusive and unlimited copyright /both moral and property rights/ and guarantees that no third parties have rights to the work.
2. In the view of the Copyright and Related Rights Act, a work must fulfill the following criterion:
a) be a manifestation of creative work,
b) have an individual character („author’s personal stamp”),
c) have a set form.
3. The Author declares that the text has not been previously published (under the same or different title, or as a part of another publication).
4. The Author allows (grants a non-exclusive license) the publishing house of University of Białystok to use the scholarly text to:
- preserve and multiply by means of any technique; save in a digital form with no limitations as to the manner and form of digital preservation;
- upload online with no limitations as to the place and time of access.
5. The Author grants consent for editorial changes made in the work.
6. The Author grants the University of Białystok rights free of charge for the duration of property copyright with no territory limits. The University has the right to grant sublicenses in the acquired rights.
7. Granting a non-exclusive license allows the Author to preserve their rights and allows other parties to make use of the work according to sublicensing agreement with provisions identical as those of Attribution 4.0 Internacional License (CC BY 4.0), available online at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. License to all its content published from 2023 and CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 to all its content published from 2017 to 2022.
8. The Agreement has been concluded for an indefinite period of time.
9. Because of costs born in preparation of the work for publishing, the Parties oblige themselves to act in good faith and refrain from declining to grant licenses.
10. To all matters not settled herein, provisions of the Civil Code and Copyright and Related Rights Act of 1994, February 4 shall apply.
11. All disputes shall be resolved by a court of local jurisdiction for the place of seat of University of Białystok.
Purpose of the processing of personal data
The editorial section of the Eastern European Journal of Transnational Relations processes the personal data of the authors and reviewers of the published texts for the purpose of carrying out and documenting the reviewing, editing, and publishing process.
Scope of the processing of personal data
The processed data includes: name(s) and surname; professional title, academic degree or title; affiliation; address of residence, correspondence address, e-mail address, telephone number, ORCID, and other data provided by authors or reviewers and processed at the request of a given data subject.
Duration of the processing of personal data
The personal data required to carry out and document the course of the reviewing, editing, and publishing process may be processed for 10 years from the date of publishing of a given article in the Eastern European Journal of Transnational Relations or from the end of the reviewing process in the case of texts not approved for publishing. In the case of texts withdrawn by their authors before they become reviewed – by the date the consent is withdrawn, but not longer than a year from the moment a given text is withdrawn.
Transferring and disclosing personal data
The personal data referred to in item 2 may be made available to members of the Editorial Team of the Eastern European Journal of Transnational Relations, to the publisher of Eastern European Journal of Transnational Relations, to entities keeping repositories and bases of academic texts (in the scope required to assess the quality of the reviewing, editing, and publishing process), and to state authorities upon a legitimate request.
Personal data protection subject rights
Those who have their personal data processed have the right to obtain information about the scope of the processed data, the right to access their data, the right to data portability, and the right to have their data rectified, erased, or have its processing restricted, to object to the processing of their data, and to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority. The scope of the right to erase or restrict the processing of one’s personal data and of the right to object to the processing of one’s personal data is limited on account of the controller’s legitimate interest, because of the necessity to document information required for tax considerations or to document the reviewing, editing, and publishing process. The request to have one’s data processed no longer can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data Controller
University of Bialystok, ul. Świerkowa 20B, 15-328 Białystok (Poland).
Personal Data Protection Officer