About the Journal
Aims & Scope
The Eastern European Journal of Transnational Relations (EEJTR) is published by the Faculty of Law, University of Białystok, Poland. Located as it is on the eastern border of the European Union, Białystok provides the EU with a natural window to the East which in turn compliments the journal’s overall mission.
The EEJTR is devoted to the study of the politics, societies, economies, laws and foreign relations of central and eastern European countries (including post-Soviet states) and western European countries. By extension, it also embraces North America and therewith provides a very real opportunity to broaden the conduit of academic transfer that spans the Atlantic.
The journal seeks submissions across a broad spectrum of topics. These include, but are not limited to: state-society relations, law, economics, elections, democratization, foreign policy, criminal justice and migration. Both theoretical and practical submissions are expected.
The journal is dedicated to publications from the social sciences, as well as other related or interdisciplinary fields, as long as they reflect the journal’s mission.
Although the Journal does not support a regular book review section, nevertheless it will occasionally publish reviews of important new works that become available.
The first two volumes of the EEJTR were founded by the Santander Universidades programme.
From 2019 to 2020, the Journal has been granted financial support from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education within the „Support for scientific periodicals” program with the amount of 69.645,00 PLN (Agreement number 403/WCN/2019 of July 16, 2019).
The EEJTR is scored 20 points in the Ministerial List of Journals. Index Copernicus Value (ICV) 2018: 79.09.
Language of publication: English
Frequency of publication: 2 issues per year
Versions: on-line & paper. The original version of the Jorunal is the on-line version and it is identical to the paper version.
Copyrigts & Open Access Policy
The works published in this journal are subject to the following terms:
1. The works are published in the online edition of the journal under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NonDerivs 4.0 Internacional License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). You can copy, use, distribute, transmit and publicly display, provided acknowledgment of the authorship, the url, and the journal, and not used for commercial purposes. For license details please see: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
2. The journal conserves the patrimonial rights (copyright) of the works published, and encourages and allows the reuse of the same under the license specified in point 1.
3. The journal allows authors to spread electronically (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their own website) the published version of his works, as it encourages its circulation and diffusion earliest and thus a possible increase in its citation and scope between the academic community.
Charges, article processing charges (APCs)
The journal does not collect article processing charges nor article submission charges (APCs).
Publisher: University of Bialystok, Faculty of Law (Poland)
Indexing & Abstracting:
- CEEOL – Central and Eastern European Online Library
- EZB – Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek
- ICI World of Journals
- PBN – Polska Bibliografia Naukowa
- RUB – Repozytorium Uniwersytetu w Białymstoku